Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 Reading List

One of my resolutions this year is to read one novel every month that steps outside of the my academic requirements. Yale offers a free two hour course online where many of these novels are discussed. While I will not be enrolling and doing the papers required by the course I will be participating in the lectures and lucky enough, many of these books match with the assigned reading.

Here they are...

January : Beyond good and Evil, Nietzsche
February: Wise Blood, O'Connor
March: Slaughter House 5, Vonnegut
April: On the Road, Kerouac
May: The Confession, Grisham
June: Crying of Lot 49, Pynchon
July: Bleak House, Dickens
August: Housekeeping, Robinson
September: The Human Stain, Roth
October: The Known World, Jones
November: Everything is Illuminated, Foer
December: The Corrections, Franzen

If you have any suggestions, I am very flexible on this list. So by all means, enlighten me.

No comments:

Post a Comment